Hi, and welcome to Week Five in our online Lent reflection series! If this is your first time visiting, you can find more info about this online group on the introduction post. If you decide you would like to officially join this online group, text me or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the coloring sheets and a reminder when next week’s video releases, and start your candy bag with a piece added for every time you contribute a comment to the discussion. If you would rather pick up a printed copy of the coloring sheets, let me know and I will help with that. Below are some pics of coloring sheets from previous weeks; if you would like to share a shot of yours, or even just a close up of a favorite bit of one of yours, send it to me and I will add it in!
Now, let’s reflect.
- Have you ever participated in a ritual with water or juice or wine–like baptism, or foot-washing, or communion? What was that like?
- Do you think it was hard for Jesus to say, “I am thirsty?” Is it ever hard for you to say when you need something?
- Surely Jesus felt lots of things, felt lots of needs, on the cross. Why do you suppose he chose “thirsty” as the one to communicate?
- Describe a time when you were really thirsty. What did you need? How did you know what you needed? How was your need met?
- Who speaks words like these (“I am thirsty”) today?