Hi, and welcome to week six in our online Lent reflection series! We are getting close to the end of this series as we approach Easter. If you have enjoyed the videos and reflections, but would also like to try the coloring sheets we have been using, you can contact me at email@example.com and I will help you out with that. Below are some pics of coloring sheets from previous weeks; if you would like to share a shot of yours, or even just a close up of a favorite bit of one of yours, send it to me and I will add it in next week! After you view the video, please add to the discussion in the comments with some answers to the questions posted below, or reply to others’ comments.
Viewing these reflections online, in our own time, is convenient and comfortable but relational ministry, our caring connection with each other, only occurs when we engage with each other. Sharing our own experiences and our takes on the reflections or visuals makes this a richer experience for others, and is intended to help us overcome barriers and isolation that may be common, but shouldn’t be normal. Jesus calls us into relationship with God and community with each other.
- Can you share a story of a time you’ve celebrated an ending?
- Can you share a story of a time when an ending has been sad?
- What do you think was finished, or ended, at the crucifixion?
- What are some ways you’ve seen the work Jesus did during his life continue, in your home or church or community? What are some ways you, or those around you, try to make sure that the story and love of Jesus aren’t “finished”?
- What do these words call you to today?