NO OUTDOOR WORSHIP OCTOBER 25, 2020 DUE TO COLD TEMPS. Please see our sermon library for online worship.
The information on this page shares what we have done, and, God willing, will return to in times when the risks of COVID-19 subside. In the meantime, please note that we are meeting outdoors only, weather permitting, at 10 a.m. on Sundays, and will update our sermon library on this website each week with a similar message/service recorded earlier in the week.
Worship offers us an opportunity to both speak to and listen to God. Our worship includes scripture lessons, a sermon, children’s message and both traditional hymns and more contemporary music. A chancel choir and hand-bell choir add musical brilliance to the worship experience. You’ll occasionally hear our Sunday school children sharing music they have learned. Communion is offered the first Sunday of each month and is open to all who wish to partake. Children are welcome (and encouraged!) in church, or younger children can participate in supervised activities during the 10:30 worship hour. Enjoy fellowship and coffee after each service.
Special services of worship include:
- Ash Wednesday and Wednesday night worship during the season of Lent. These services begin at 6:45 p.m., but come early for a soup supper which begins at 6:00 p.m. A free will offering is generally received to support a mission project.
- Maundy (or Holy) Thursday. This service remembers the Last Supper and communion is served (open to all regardless of membership or religious background). 7:00 p.m. the Thursday before Easter.
- Good Friday Cantata. A concert of sacred music featuring guest instrumentalists and our chancel choir, with narration recalling the events of Holy Week, particularly the crucifixion of Jesus.
- Easter Sunday, a special service celebrating the resurrection of Christ, usually during regular service times (8:30 and 10:30 a.m.) A specially scheduled sunrise service may be held (see home page or calendar for more info.)
- Love Feast. The first worship services in December (8:30 and 10:30 a.m.) are a feast of special sacred music for Advent. Communion is served by the youth. Sweet rolls and juice (and coffee) are served during the fellowship hours following worship, remembering traditional Moravian Love Feasts.
- Children’s Christmas Program. The children and teen choirs offer their dramatic and musical program for Advent and Christmas during the 10:30 service on the second or third Sunday in December (for more info see the home page or calendar.)
Celebrating 55 years of ministry in Prior Lake, MN, we are a congregation of Christians seeking to learn more about being followers of Jesus Christ. It is a journey filled with worship, education service and fellowship that we would like to invite you to join.