Worship offers us an opportunity to both speak to and listen to God. Our worship includes scripture lessons, a sermon, children’s message and both traditional hymns and more contemporary music. Our chancel choir adds musical brilliance to the worship experience twice a month and at special worship experiences like our Good Friday Tenebrae service and the Christmas Cantata. Communion is offered the first Sunday of each month and is open to all who wish to partake. Children are welcome (and encouraged!) in church, and are invited to participate in intergenerational activities in the Fellowship Hall where all ages experience fellowship and refreshments after the service.
Special services of worship include:
- Ash Wednesday and Wednesday night small group studies during the season of Lent. Soup suppers begin at 5:30 pm followed by small groups from 6-7:00 pm. A free will offering is generally received to support a mission project.
- Maundy (or Holy) Thursday. This service remembers the Last Supper and communion is served (open to all regardless of membership or religious background). 7:00 p.m. the Thursday before Easter.
- Good Friday Cantata. A concert of sacred music featuring guest instrumentalists and our chancel choir, with narration recalling the events of Holy Week, particularly the crucifixion of Jesus.
- Easter Sunday, a special service celebrating the resurrection of Christ, during regular service times 9:30 a.m.
- The Christmas Cantata is usually held the first or second Sunday in December during the regular worship hour. This is a presentation of special sacred music for Advent.
- Children’s Interactive Christmas Eve Program is an opportunity for all ages to take part in a no-rehearsal necessary Nativity Play. We gather at 3 pm on Christmas Eve and invite you to join us, put on a costume and follow directions to share the story of Jesus’ birth! More traditional Christmas Eve services are held at 5 pm and 10 pm.
Celebrating 60 years of ministry in Prior Lake, MN, we are a congregation of Christians seeking to learn more about being followers of Jesus Christ. It is a journey filled with worship, education service and fellowship that we would like to invite you to join.